Monday, May 24, 2010

KillSwitch

Well, the new format has left my Gadget deck in confusion as to what to become. And now that summer is here, the meta has become a bit more defined.

First off, I got thinking of ways I could upgrade my deck since the previous regional and I got 2 things that I seriously need to cover (due to those things being the weakness to Gadget decks)

1. Big monsters - since gadgets have low atk, most beatdown decks can overcome them if they tend to swarm.

2. Overabundance of monster effects - Since the deck can negate special summons out the wazoo...the only thing becoming a nuisance was too many monster effects.

So it got me thinking, what if I can transform my deck into another one on the fly? And thus, the concept of KillSwitch was created.

Game 1, a simple anti-meta Gadget deck. If I need to switch strategies, it turns into Rock Stun game 2. Switch strategies and go for the Kill...KillSwitch.

Here's what it looks like so far:

Monsters: 17

Red Gadget x2
Green Gadget x2
Yellow Gadget x2
Thunder King Rai-Oh x2
D.D. Warrior Lady x2
Legendary Jujutsu Master
Fossil Dyna Pachycephalo x2
Banisher of Radiance x2
Neo-Spacian Grand Mole
Gorz, Emissary of Darkness

Spells: 11

Smashing Ground x2
Fissure x2
Mystical Space Typhoon
Shrink
Lightning Vortex
Book of Moon x2
Heavy Storm
Nobleman of Crossout

Traps: 12

Royal Oppression x2
Bottomless Trap Hole x2
Trap Hole x2
Torrential Tribute
Solemn Judgment
Big Burn
Dimensional Prison x2
Dust Tornado


Now, let's look at the current side deck:

Koa'ki Meiru Guardian x3
Koa'ki Meiru Sandman x3
Crevice to a Different Dimension x2
Consecrated Light x2
Twister
My Body as a Shield
Ojama Trio
Chain Destruction
Soul Release

By switching my 6 Gadgets with the 6 Koa'ki monsters in the side deck, it quickly shifts from a Gadget control deck to a Rock Stun Beatdown strategy.

Also, Big Burn in the main deck because Infernities, Drillplants, Frogs, Gladiator Beasts, Lightsworn, X-Sabers, and Blackwings target the graveyard at some point of the game, so it assures some mass removal when the time comes. Having it in the main deck assures it's usage even during game 1 for a quick reversal if you don't have Oppression or any of the Trap Holes.

That's all for today...probably!

No comments:

Post a Comment

visitor #'s