Found this article on the Konami site that indicates a wording change for some aspects of the game.
1. "Remove from play" will now be known as "Banish."
2. "Removed from the field" will change to "leaves the field."
3. "During battle between this attacking card and a Defense Position monster whose DEF is lower than the ATK of this card, inflict the difference as Battle Damage to your opponent" now becomes "piercing battle damage."
4. "Selected as an attack target" will now be known as "targeted for an attack."
5. Hero monsters will now be referred to as HERO monsters.
Now then, with all these new changes...there are good and bad points.
1. I have no problem with banish, but remove from play seemed simpler to newer players. So changing it was a bit unexpected.
2. Leaving the field is something I have no problem with, since it clears up a few misunderstandings with some plays. I'm all for it.
3. Piercing damage at last! Finally!
4. Again, no problem with this. Helps resolve targeting issues and what not.
5. They should have done this from the start...
All in all, there are mixed reactions to the word changes. But for now, I can hope this wording change can truly help resolve key issues in rulings.