Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Alien Invasion

Lately, YGO has been rather dull for me. But when a game gets dull, that means it's time to switch it up a bit. So to make things interesting again, I rebuilt my old Alien deck with some new tricks.

Aliens, besides Fish and Vanity Gadgets, have been my other signature deck for quite some time. And it's just now that I'm discussing them...

Anywho, here's the deck.


Monsters:
Alien Warrior x3
Alien Ammonite x2
Alien Kid x2
Alien Grey x2
Alien Dog x2
Alien Overlord x2
Alien Telepath
Genex Ally Birdman x2
Machine Emperor Wisel x2
Spells:
Mysterious Triangle x2
Code A Ancient Ruins x2
Gold Sarcophagus x2
Dark Hole
Monster Reborn


Traps:
Planet Pollutant Virus x2
Offering to the Snake Deity x2
Bottomless Trap Hole x2
Call Of The Haunted x2
Fiendish Chain x2
Safe Zone
Mirror Force
Dimensional Prison 
Extra Deck:
Cosmic Fortress Gol'Gar x2
Genex Ally Triforce x2
R-Genex Locomotive
other synchros/xyz monsters

While still keeping true to the Alien theme, as well as the distribution of A-Counters, the deck is focused on exterminating and invading the enemy. With the main Aliens, I can infect my opponent's monsters with their virus, allowing for cards like Mysterious Triangle to help swarm for attacks. Plantet Pollutant Virus and Offering help me exterminate opposing monsters, while helping out my cause. While PPV helps clear the field and distribute counters, Offering allows for not just destruction, but the window for Wisel to enter the field.

Genex Ally Birdman has been working out quite well, allowing for use of Triforce. It's effect isn't wasted either, since the deck meets all 3 element options for it's effect: earth, fire, and light. But there's also R-Genex Locomotive (summoned by combining with Overlord), who can steal the highest level monster my opponent controls. Not just that, Birdman allows me to recycle Alien Dog's effect, allowing for more counter spreads.

As for the continuous stuff, it's more of a control build. Fiendish Chain and Safe Zone assure some surprise shenanigans when combined with Gol'gar.

Deck is really tons of fun to use, so perhaps there's a video soon.

3 comments:

  1. I really like aliens too. But I think the best part of the deck are the trap cards, so duality should be a staple in order to create the best first turn possible.

    Anyway, I like your build, except for those 2 gold sarcophagus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ran almost the exact same deck minus the wisel and sarcs XD I hought i was the only one who picked up on the birdman plays with this deck. great minds think alike i suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Chavo: I'm not using Duality since I'm not willing to buy it at the price it's at, unfortunately. But I know it would make the deck better.

    @Eriktheredd: Perhaps, but it's almost impossible to not want to try them out together. So many shenanigans, it's not even funny.

    ReplyDelete

visitor #'s