Sunday, January 10, 2010

Speaking my mind...Turbo Pack 2

Now then, for months now I have read all the high expectations and speculations for TU02. I have seen many predict a Super Rare Gale, Waboku, among others. Their dream for an Ultimate Venominnaga (that one would have been nice) as well as other cards like DAD for the spot. However, during their times while waiting for the ongoing Shonen Jump Championship to reveal its contents, the expectations and emotions ran high. Will their dreams of a Rare D-Draw and Super Gale shine, or will reality kick in and slap them in the face?

Reality happened. Here are the contents of TU02:

ULTIMATE RARE (1):

Gladiator Beast Heraklinos

ULTRA RARE (1):

Chaos Sorcerer

SUPER RARE (4):

Gravekeeper’s Assailant
Magical Dimension
Foolish Burial
Beckoning Light

RARE (6):

Gravekeeper’s Spear Soldier
My Body as a Shield
Magical Stone Excavation
Mist Archfiend
Light-Imprisoning Mirror
Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror

COMMON (9):

Anti-Spell Fragrance
Gravekeeper’s Cannonholder
Necrovalley
Autonomous Action Unit
Anti-Spell
Reflect Bounder
Mausoleum of the Emperor
Gravekeeper’s Commandant
Iron Core of Koa’ki Meiru


Now, can't say "I told you so" to the people with high expectations, but...to quote myself from one of the TU02 threads on Pojo...
With so much anticipation and high expectations for this pack, I'm gonna laugh a bit when I see a new thread opens in response to TU02, but it will be filled with complaints about how it had junk and nothing that they predicted happened.

I'm keeping zero expectations for this pack so that when it does come out, I will be satisfied with the end result and won't get disappointed with the card selection.
Now, this is true. While I'm not jumping off the walls for the newest list in this pack, I am satisfied with it due to some cards that are needed.

Cards like the Imprisoning Mirrors, Foolish Burial, Chaos Sorcerer, My Body as a Shield, and the Gravekeeper cards along with Necrovalley are all enough to keep me content with this pack.

Now, while some of the common cards seem to be random choices, they might serve a purpose after the March banlist, or somehow after.

Now, while I am sad that some cards I'm seeking (Abyssal Kingshark and Fossil Dyna for example) are still in dire need of a reprint, maybe I will keep hoping in the future.

But overall, this set wasn't bad, but it could have been a lot worse. So take the good from it and hope for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment

visitor #'s