Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A new low...

These last few days I have been reading the reports from Nationals to see what's going on and to keep up with the game. But instead of finding positive news, I instead get these...



According to sources, he got stacked against in a match and then got all his stuff stolen. He then dropped out of the tournament, went berserk and punched a few walls before getting arrested.

And then there's this...



Another player was arrested when caught stealing stuff.

There's a few other reports of players being DQ'd for marking cards and other methods of cheating.

So I have to ask...

Is this what we have stooped to? Seriously, it's a National Tournament. It's things like these that make me wonder why so many people take this game like serious business, instead of having fun.

Have fun players been reduced to "noobs, scrubs, and bad players?" Because if that's the case, I'm happy being a scrub until I quit this game, because I'm in it for the fun.

After watching these videos and reading the reports, I have a real bad image of how rotten these high stakes tournaments have become. And yes, I'm just speaking after seeing a few out of a select crowd, but it's things like these that make one want to rethink and wonder why people stoop to these levels.

Stealing, cheating, aggression, and deception...have these become the new standard for high level tournaments?

I for one, hope it won't be so...

No comments:

Post a Comment

visitor #'s